Supports the Group Accountant and by extension the Finance Department and plays a major role in ensuring the accuracy entry of accounting data in a timely manner. The Assistant Accountant is also responsible for maintaining the General Ledger with integrity, according to International Financial
Reporting Standards Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by compiling information, generating general ledger trial balance and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures.
- Responsible for the daily activities required to ensure that all accounting transactions are processed accurately and within agreed timeframes .
- Update Peachtree record of Invoices and Receipts on a daily/weekly basis or when necessary, inclusive of Client accounts.
- Update customer information on Peachtree.
- Prepare Accounting Journals, accurately and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Monitor and maintain the reconciliations for supplier and customer accounts, bank accounts.
- Prepare general ledger accounts schedules for the month end closing process.
- Reconcile sub-ledger reports with general ledger accounts.
- Prepare audit schedules to facilitate the completion of the annual external audit exercise in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties, compatible with the position, as requested by your Supervisor/Team Leader.
- Management of Receivables (i.e. External Clients).
Education and Experience:
- BSc, Accounting or ACCA Level 2 with a minimum of two (2) years experience.
- Or alternatively any other combination with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience