The role involves assisting the Group Accountant in the maintenance, reporting and management of the company’s and clients financial records. As the Accounting assistant you will be responsible for financial record keeping. You will use software to accurately record and process expenditures, receipts, payroll and other financial transactions in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards and other statutory regulations to ensure the integrity of all financial transactions.
You will be asked to provide administrative support such as filing, typing, handling of mail and making phone calls. Other duties include:
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Accurately enter key data of financial transactions into database and maintain the general ledger schedules inclusive of the trial balance.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and general ledger accounts in a timely manner
- Prepare Invoices and disburse by mail and/or other methods.
- Preparation of all cheque payment vouchers and cheques for disbursement.
- Receive cheque & cash payments and prepare receipts and deposit slips.
- Maintaining of accounts receivable and payable, petty cash and payroll systems
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Preparation of all statutory obligations, VAT, NIS, PAYE, Health Surcharge, Green Fund and Business Levy etc.
- Assisting with telephone coverage
- Manage the filing, storage and control of the accounting records
- Perform banking transactions
- Perform other duties compatible with the position as requested
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST IDEALLY POSSESS
- Level 1 ACCA qualification or above
- A minimum of one year experience in a similar position
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while meeting tight deadlines
- High level of confidentiality
- Knowledge of Peachtree Accounting and Microsoft word and Excel